I have been tagged my dear friend Nash- he says that you have to list 8 things that are about you or something - random? crazy?? things that people don't know about you - that's hard because most things that people know about me are random and crazy...
1. When I was little I wanted to be an air hostess. My friend Doris and I wrote a letter to the universe and pledged our allegiance to the world of air hostessing. We buried this pledge in my backyard where the idea stayed.
2. I thought that going to church was boring. I used to stare at the clock and pray that the hour would end quickly. Our priest caught me yawning and gave me the death stare. It didn't stop me from yawning and his death stares mellowed over time. Little did I know that many things in my life would bore me to tears and staring at clocks is my weakness.
3. I have a knack for the dramatic. I can break into a sweat over the most stupid things (they are too numerous to mention). Under pressure I can turn into a robot like super hero and create an atmosphere of calm that even I thought was impossible.
4. I love watching T.V. I know this must come as a shock to most people but its true. I can watch Extreme Makeover with the same interest as a documentary on the inner workings of the brain.
5. I eat exactly the same thing each day for breakfast (cereal with soy milk and nice coffee). It gives me great pleasure when I make it because I am the first one up and the house is quiet. I feel great comfort that Woody Allen also shares this ritual with me (he prefers cheerios with 7 slices of banana on top).
6. I daydream. I can drive from one place to another and not remember how I got there.
7. I love stationery. Not just the printed, delicate stuff. Anything that is filed under that category. I can go through Officeworks and just marvel at the amount of notepads there are to cater for any activity. The other day I stayed in there for close to an hour and forgot that the rest of my family was in the car wondering what the hell was going on.
8. I thought that I would think differently about things when I got older but that hasn't happened. There's a lot to be said for consistency.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Its funny what you think about sometimes. The first thing that pops into my head when I think of the word 'dreaming' is Deborah Harry singing 'Dreaming' and how I used to be a teenage girl singing it at the top of my lungs in my bedroom along with my mums stereo which just happened to be housed there because of some sort of deal with Mum of how it was in every one's best interests that it be there - "it would be less noisy!" - who knows - the deal was done. So there I am in the middle of my bedroom screaming; "dreamin' just dreamin'" and then I'm transported back to now and I realize that it was a fun thing to do. So I am generally thinking about dreaming and I can't get past Deborah Harry for two reasons: one, she did this interview where she explained how having children passed her by. I was saddened by this but didn't think much else of that until many years later. And two, she talked about how she was picked up in Ted Bundy's Volkswagon beetle after a hard night out on the town. Hitchhiking because she couldn't get a taxi (pissed out the front of studio 54 or something like that).
If you don't know who Ted Bundy is, well he's just one of those text book serial killers that is on the one hand intriguing because of is so called 'charisma' and on the other he was one of the most violent and sadistic killers ever documented. I used to be interested in serial killers but I can't stand thinking about them anymore. Anyway, Deborah Harry was in his beetle and she noticed that he didn't have any window winders or door handles or something and alarms went off and sorry to cut a long story short but she managed to get out. Only later when he was caught would she really know the full extent of the fate she narrowly escaped.
Anyway, since taking a break from blogging I have been having these daydreams about Anna Nicole Smith acting like a loony clown in front of her new born baby. They are sort of frustrated - how could she be carrying on like this? - character assisnation daydreams. Imagine her baby, seeing her mother move around the room sort of pissed, high, blubbering like a lunatic and that stupid lawyer who thought he was the father of the poor little thing filming her for the family home video night - what the hell was going on? So when the poor little thing grows up and wonders what to expect out of life she has that for prosperity. Come on, everyone hates clowns! What more were they going to do to that baby that would screw her up?
Then I see on 'Entertainment Tonight' there's a re-enactment of the moment in hospital when Anna Nicole Smith notices/finds out/realizes that her son Daniel is dead. Lots of screaming and crying and yukky stuff all there for the little one to embed her poor brain for future couch sessions with her shrink. Gosh, I really was going to start talking about dreaming and now I forget what I was going to say. Thanks Anna Nicole Smith.
Oh yes, last night I dreamt of Noel Gallagher. I have never really fancied that snotty nosed Pom but now because of last night, I think I have a new celebrity crush. He was tender, sweet and sort of innocent in my dream and we were falling for each other. The absolute opposite of his personality I'm sure. Yet when we walk in dreams, things are meant to be sweeter - aren't they?